Something Wicked This Way Comes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

An AU Post Potter RPG

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The train is set and running. It's time to go on the train so you could end up being in Hogwarts. All students on board and also you can do your last minute shoppings. First classes have already started, go and have fun there! I hope you have good school year!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Date and Time
SEPTEMBER 1ST
Our Staff Team
Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Floating Boats
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 1:56 am by Guest

» Running Up That Hill
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 am by Guest

» Ties of Magic [JCINK]
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 1:22 am by Stella Black

» UNBOUND; a dragon age roleplay [jcink]
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:50 pm by Guest

» TEMPEST HARBOR [JCINK]
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 7:24 am by Guest

» The Shula Region
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 am by Guest

» FINITE INCANTATEM - a modern au hp rp
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:05 pm by Guest

» Hippogriffs - Lesson One (All years)
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:38 pm by James Potter

» Getting some ice cream (Open)
The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 am by Rose Granger-Weasley

The Best Broom on the Market (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lily Potter2
Gryffindor First Year
Gryffindor First Year
Lily Potter2

The Best Broom on the Market (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 11:33 am

Lily peered in through the Broomstix shop window, gazing at the sight of the newest Nimbus 3000. It had been a huge upgrade from the 2000 her father had when he was seeking at Hogwarts and Lily wished she could get her hands on it but her faher had told her that usually, first years did not get to play for the House team. Either way, Lily was determined, she had spent her entire childhood learning how to fly and play Quidditch for the day she could go to Hogwarts and she wouldn't let words or rule ruin her dreams.

Lily had spent a long day with her Mum and Dad shopping for her first year list. She was exhausted and when her parents had gone into a shop next door to the one she was at now, she took that as a sign to sneak over and peer through the window.

A gust of wind passed through the alley and caused Lily's long, red hair to blow and cover her eyes. She let out a slight giggle and brushed it out of her face, her green eyes focusing on the broom again before it found her reflection. She smiled at herself. She looked just like her mother, or as her Dad said, her mother and his but Lily didn't know her paternal grandmum and Dad didn't either. They had only seen photographs.

The reflection in the window was beautiful and so young looking. Lily couldn't believe it was her own. She was actually eleven, she was finally going to Hogwarts and she was going to be sorted into (hopefully) the same house as her parents. Lily was brave, fierce and strong and no one could tell her otherwise. Not James. Not Albus.  
Back to top Go down
Raylan Chamberlain
Ravenclaw First Year
Ravenclaw First Year
Raylan Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyTue May 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Raylan had been enjoyed shopping in Diagon Alley, having done it for most of his life. Since his parents often used it as their source of shopping for things. Raylan had been happy to be able to finally to do some shopping for himself for his Hogwarts years. Even if that meant having to follow his older brother around who had wanted to talk to girls since Tatum had been too busy doing whatever. Raylan had in many ways had no clue why he had been on the Quidditch part of Diagon Alley.

Then again his entire life was spent around Quidditch, so this part of town just seemed to be like the back of the palm of his hand. Raylan had drifted away from his brother. Raylan had began walking down the street of Diagon Alley, looking at each of the shops. His outfit being rather casual for him. The boy liked to mix preppy and casual together, as the one not to dress entirely formal. Raylan had soon spotted a shop that caught his attention, as it probably had his brother in it.

Raylan entered the shop as it had filled with people who had bene enthused with Quidditch, something he had not been entirely interested in. The idea of it had bored him and had been kind of like old news to him and the boy liked things that were newer. As he looked in each of the aisles hoping to find his older brother as the boy did not feel like having to find his way back. And as much as he loved annoying people he did not feel like his siblings getting in trouble.

After a little while of looking, he could not find his brother. But as he walking out of the shop, he saw the reflection of a girl in a window. The boy raised his eyebrow as he had soon walked over to the girl who the reflection had been of who appeared to be looking at a broom, something he knew had been the next big one to the Nimbus 2000 or even at Nimbus 2001. Raylan had soon wondered if maybe he should say something.

" I heard that broom is the fastest on the market at the moment. " said Raylan with a small smile on his face to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lily Potter2
Gryffindor First Year
Gryffindor First Year
Lily Potter2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyThu May 11, 2017 2:12 pm

The only boys Lily had ever spoken to had been boys from her own family so when the dark haired boy spoke to her, there was a lot of shock. She wondered whether he was actually talking to her or not and when she looked around, she'd decided he was - unless he was weird and talking to himself. Lily pondered that thought for a moment and then looked back to him. He didn't LOOK weird so he couldn't be weird right? Then again, her brothers didn't look weird and Lily thought they were. Especially Albus because who was named Albus? But her dad said that she needed to be nice when she had mentioned it because Albus was one of the greatest men he had ever known and now he was dead. Everyone her dad knew was dead.

Lily's hands wandered to the hem of her floral dress before resting at her sides. The boy was in a pink shirt and it made Lily smile a bit, almost unable to take him seriously. She assumed she had a lot to learn about people and the world. "So have I," Lily retorted with a smile, "I really wish Mum and Dad would buy it for me. It would make me ever so happy to play with it my first year!" Lily turned back to the window and gave another glance to the broom. It was beautifully handcrafted, the smooth wood looked cool, the bristles formed perfectly, it was magnificent.

Lily just pictured herself in Gryffindor Quidditch robes riding on the new Nimbus.The crowd cheering her name as her fingers wrapped around the snitch. It was an amazing dream, one that wasn't even impossible - not that anything was ever impossible for Lily. She strived to make sure all her dreams came through even when her brothers or parents told her they weren't going to happen. No one talked down to Lily, she was named after her grandma and one of her Dad's friends and she'd be certain to make them proud with her life. Thus is why she strived to excel. Though honestly, she would've preferred to have been named after Aunt Hermione.

"So what's your name?" She turned to the dark haired boy once more. "My name is Lily Luna Potter," she said with her hand outstretched. Lily was pretty social, she didn't feel that she had time to be shy. "Do you like animals? We can be best friends if you like animals - and Quidditch!" She red head smiled, her green eyes squinting just slightly as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Raylan Chamberlain
Ravenclaw First Year
Ravenclaw First Year
Raylan Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:03 am

Raylan had never understood why people had raved over Quidditch, and how some people would often hurt people in the game. It just did not make any sense to him, despite coming from an ultimate Quidditch family, the boy was not a fan. Even his sister who had a certain outlook on life had still liked Quidditch it just didn't make sense. The boy had looked at the girl, as she had heard the same sort of thing as he did himself. His father had even been considering buying Nimbus 3000s for everyone on the Falmouth Falcons team.

His parents had been extremely rich, well so they thought. Sure they lived in a nice big house and had all the nice things, and were practically millionaires from owning a Quidditch team. He had many reasons for why he never told anyone who his parents had been. " I heard the Falmouth Falcons Quidditch team is getting them for all their teammates, " said Raylan, hoping the girl would not figure out that his parents owned one of the best Quidditch teams in the league.

" I guess if you want it that badly, then ask your parents, " said Raylan sighing, even though he would not spend his money on a broomstick. The boy was more an intellectual sort of person, and despite his parents being stars he was far from being athletically inclined. Raylan had listened to the girl talk and then he heard his name being asked. Raylan had wondered if maybe he should say what his last name was if she would know of the surname.

Raylan let out a sigh, " My name is Raylan. " said Raylan. Nodding when she told him her name, and it made him wonder if she was related to Harry Potter. The surname had certainly been a pretty popular last name in England. " Nice to meet you, Lily. " said Raylan with a smile. Raylan had a feeling this girl had been very enthusiastic about Quidditch.

" Yes and I actually think there better than humans, " said Raylan, the boy had, to be honest, he loved animals, but not as much as he liked his books. Soon freezing at the next question being about Quidditch and if he liked both they could be best friends. He wondered if maybe his answer would end up costing him his first possible friend aside from his siblings.

Raylan contemplated what to say, but knew being honest was the best. " Not really. I never really been one who was good at sports or any sort of physical activity, for that matter. " said Raylan, accepting whatever chance at making friends. Then again could he tolerate someone who loved Quidditch. Despite being in a house full of them.
Back to top Go down
Lily Potter2
Gryffindor First Year
Gryffindor First Year
Lily Potter2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyFri May 12, 2017 11:42 am

Lily didn't understand how anyone could not like Quidditch. It was an amazing sport, there was the occasional violence and blood but mostly sweat and adrenaline and Lily thought that should excite everyone. Flying already gave her the feeling of the wind whipping through her hair and then diving in and out of other people gave her the feeling of adrenaline that she was sure she'd feel if playing in a real game. It was adrenaline from the fear and wonder of whether you were going to hit another person or make the goal or catch the attempt or hit the bludger or catch the snitch. From the stands it was the adrenaline of whether your favorite person would get hurt and your team lose or would your team actually pull this off and make a comeback and win the cup. Quidditch was the best thing invented and she would argue anyone that said otherwise.

"What?" Lily's eyes opened a bit wider, "that's so cool!" Lily wished she was old enough to play for the league so that she could get one. And then she had a thought and narrowed her eyes just a tad. "How do you know that? I follow every team 'round here and that was never announced." Who exactly was this guy and how did he know vital information that she didn't?

"It's not that simple," Lily replied, "Dad gave me his old Nimbus 2000 but won't get me this one until I've made the team he says," Lily shoulders sagged a bit because she knew the chances of a first year making it were slim. "Raylan," Lily repeated running the name through her head. Unfortunately without a surname, she couldn't place the name anywhere and didn't know if she knew his family or not. "Harry is my father, yes," she added before he opened his mouth to say anything. She slightly rolled her eyes and then smiled. She didn't want to make friends or even enemies because she was a Potter so she hoped he didn't mind.

"Well that's great," the girl exclaimed, happy to hear that heloved animals. That MUST mean that he was a good person because bad people didn't like animals. "Well Raylan..." Lily paused and tapped her chin for what seemed like a long while, "I suppose I can overlook that and still be friends if you can overlook the fact that Harry Potter is my father." She gave him a cheeky grin ad raised her eyebrow waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Raylan Chamberlain
Ravenclaw First Year
Ravenclaw First Year
Raylan Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:43 am

Raylan had tried to understood Quidditch, but could never. Muggle things always seemed much less deadly than any sort of other wizard sports. People often called him crazy for not really caring about it and just wanted to go into some imaginary book and begin reading. The boy loved learning new things and if he could he would know everything about everyone. Crossing his arms for a moment as he watched Lily.

His heart soon began to sink as he asked the next question. " Well this may sound absurd, but I know because my parents are the owners of the team. My dad is the one buying the brooms, " said Raylan cringing inside as he was worried to see what her reaction. Whether the boy would end up being laughed in the face and not being believed that his parents were the owners. His father played for the team for goodness sake.

" Can't you have an aunt or something give it to you. Then just send during the school year, " asked Raylan, since why look at something and not get it. It seemed kind of pointless to him if he had, to be honest, then again he still managed to get what he wanted. But he would never force someone to get something for him. It was something that had been in him.

Raylan listened to Lily as his he nodded, " Must be cool being the daughter of the legend. Probably beats being related to two former Quidditch stars. " said Raylan. That had to be the truth, since his parents had only spent time looking at statistics on the wide wizard web. He was a kind person, well he believed, but he could easily bore someone with facts.

" I would like if you would since I just am not one who plays sports. And I can overlook the idea of your father being Harry Potter, but can you also overlook mine being the Owners of the Falmouth Falcons? " asked Raylan kindly. The boy wondered if she should tell her that he could easily bore her with some useless Quidditch facts he learned.

He smiled, " I may not like Quidditch, but I am still pretty knowledgable on it. " said Raylan, as he had been kind of forced to believe, and learned from his parents all about it.

Back to top Go down
Lily Potter2
Gryffindor First Year
Gryffindor First Year
Lily Potter2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptyFri May 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Lily understood Quidditch better than anything else she'd ever been taught. Magic included. Of course she didn't practice magic since she wasn't at Hogwarts yet, but she was still taught about it and she picked up Quidditch a lot quicker and easier. Wouldn't it be cool if she could just play Quidditch and never have to learn magic? But of course with Quidditch came the entire Wizarding world and if Lily wanted to be a part of it to play the sport, she would have to learn magic.

It was only after Raylan had folded his arms and spoke than Lily's eyes widened and she let out a little laugh. "Really?" She was in mostly shock and some disbelief. "And you don't like Quidditch? Are you sure?" She couldn't believe that the son of owners of one of the best Quidditch teams didn't care about Quidditch. It was like blasphemy. He had to have been joking, right? Lily was at a loss for words on what she should say next.

"Maybe, but all of my aunts are really good friends of my parents so they'd probably just tell them," Lily shrugged a bit. She didn't want to go behind her parents' backs just for a new broom, she'd rather earn it and prove people wrong by doing so.

"No," Lily stated, "it's not because everywhere I go there's people like you. I can never just be Lily, I'm always a Potter." The girl's tone went a bit snappish for a moment. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you were wrong or anything, it just always happens."

"Sure, I can do that." The girl shrugged, it'd probably be hard when she wanted to talk about Quidditch, but she could make it work she supposed. "Well, I'd hope you were," Lily added.
Back to top Go down
Raylan Chamberlain
Ravenclaw First Year
Ravenclaw First Year
Raylan Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Raylan had never been forced to do anything, his parents had admired the son contributing his vast knowledge to the wizarding world. He knew that he would probably succeed in all his classes how hard could they possibly be really. The boy listened to Lily talk as she had asked if he was joking, the boy was sure he wasn't joking. His life had been filled with it, he had been more content with watching than actually playing.

" No I am not, I like to watch it that's it. My brother is the Quidditch star, " said Raylan, his brother had been naturally talented when it came to all sports. Raylan knew that was the truth, and he had spent most of his life watching Daxton succeed at playing the game. Raylan had brought his attention back to the broom.

The boy had wondered if maybe he should bring up the fact that only his brother had been the Quidditch fan, but then again he was not sure about Delaney. He knew Tatum would never be caught dead on a broomstick, then again she was too evil, to do that. His sister was definitely ten times worse than him.

"My sister doesn't like it either then again my sister doesn't like much, " said Raylan. He had watched the girl with a smile. Maybe Lily could help him enjoy the sport of Quidditch he had been unsure the boy wouldn't mind it either way. " Maybe you could help me with it since I am not opposed to trying it, " said Raylan.

Raylan had known that he could not be a wimp his entire life.  " Don't let others opinions define you if you want to be Lily then be Lily. " said Raylan. He would have wished that people did not think he was some Quidditch god because his parents had been. Raylan crossed his arms intently and as he looked for a moment he sighed.

" My parents drilled into my head the idea of Quidditch, but haven't disowned me yet. " said Raylan, as he hoped it would not be knock on wood for him.
Back to top Go down
Lily Potter2
Gryffindor First Year
Gryffindor First Year
Lily Potter2

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Lily really hoped that her and Raylan could be friends for forever because he was really nice and did not care that she was a Potter. Of course, the idea of starting Hogwarts already knowing someone was really nice too but if Raylan didn't stick around Lily was sure she could maybe find some other friend. Of course they probably wouldn't be as cool as Raylan, but she supposed they'd be okay.

Lily was still shocked when he reiterated that he was sure and he was not a fan of Quidditch. "Oh....who's your brother?" Lily asked, not meaning to make it sound like she'd rather talk to him over Raylan. "Well, that's okay - you can not like Quidditch." If Lily didn't want to be a Potter around him, she had to accept that he didn't want to be who he was around her either.

"Well that's too bad," Lily said, "I think my brother James likes Quidditch but I'm not certain about Albus yet." Albus was different from both her and James and she wasn't certain of what he liked anymore. "Well, I'll glady play with you!"Lily let out a smile and grabbed his hand pulling him into the store with her. "You just have to meet me at the Quidditch Pitch when we get to the school and then after we play if you still don't like it, I won't make you try it again." Lily offered him a smile while now getting to be up close to the broom.

"I suppose I could say the same about you," she added. She watched him cross his arms and sigh before she frowned a bit. "Why would you ever think that'd be a reason to disown you?" His parents loved him didn't they? Lily was sure that unconditional love meant accepting that someone didn't like the same things as you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Broom on the Market (Open)   The Best Broom on the Market (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Broom on the Market (Open)
Page 1 of 1